11/05/2008

Little girls do Boulder








Yep, last sunday I took my 3 year old daughter (Maru) to the Climbing Gym Haarlem (Netherlands that is, not Harlem-NY. Although it is situated alongside a river too ;-P). My friends Tim, Mirjam and Maurice were there too, so I thought: what the heck I even might boulder a bit and show Maru what fun it is. I new she liked the falling matrasses a lot so she would certainly be enjoying that.
But it turned out that she mostly wanted to climb those colourful 'thingies' on the wall. Although it shouldn't be suprising to me (kids do climb in everything) I was elated nevertheless. The time flew by, and even Wendy came over to have dinner there. At leaving the Gym she acclaimed "Ed, can we go here sometime again?". Ahhhhhh, the magic words came from herself. JOY !!
(p.s.: the pics are taken at our own bouldercorner in the back garden).